Tim Sousa's Note:
This is one of my wife's favorites.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a non-stick pan, cook the bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove from the pan, when cool, crumble the bacon and set aside.
- 3In a skillet, melt the butter over high heat.
- 4Add the garlic and the onions, and sautee until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the feta cheese, crumbled bacon, and the sauteed onion and garlic.
- 6Mix well, and set aside.
- 7Season each steak with salt and pepper.
- 8Carefully cut a pocket in 1 side of each steak.
- 9Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- 10Stuff each steak with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- 11Broil or grill the steaks on high, for about 5-6 minutes per side for 1 inch thick steaks, 7-9 minutes per side if using 1 1/2 inch thick steaks, turning them over once during cooking.
- 12Remove the steaks from the heat, cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- 13Remove the foil, and serve.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 854.1
- Calories from Fat 640
- Total Fat 71.1 g
- Saturated Fat 31.2 g
- Cholesterol 210.6 mg
- Sodium 755.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 47.8 g