I love squid and when I have time I make this. One of my favorites and always makes a nice presentation. Not sure where the recipe came from.
- 1 3⁄4 lbs squid, tubes
- 14 ounces clams, using live clams is best, I have used canned but not as good
- 3 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg
- 3 -4 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- salt and black pepper, to your taste
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups dry white wine
- Prepare the quid.
- Wash and scrub the clams and boil for 5 minutes while continuously shaking the pan. You will need to discard any the unopened shells. Remove the clams from their shells and roughly chop the meat.
- Was and finely chop the parsley.
- Press or grate garlic.
- Mix together the parsley, garlic, clam meat, parmesan, egg, and bread crumbs with lost of pepper and a good pinch of salt.
- Stuff the squid and secure the opening with a toothpick or kitchen twine.
- Heat the oil in a large pan, and fry the squid on all sides being gentle and stirring carefully.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the wine.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes or until squid is done.
This was soooooo good! Well worth the prep. No leftovers here. Thanks for sharing :-)
What a treat this was! I did use live clams. Although the recipe take some time to prepare, it really is easy. I thought all the flavors combined very well and complemented each other. I have a few left over that I think I'll put in a marinara sauce. I think it would be great that way, too. Gratzie! Made for ZWT 7 for the Golden Gourmets.