1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Makes a very impressive Christmas vegan main. I would serve half a squash to one person although if your squash is large you may want to serve a quarter per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 butternut squash, halved with seeds reserved and removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed coriander seed
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chili
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped and chopped
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 100 g white basmati rice
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1Soak mushrooms for 5 minutes in 140ml boiling water.
- 2Heat oven to 230c.
- 3Using a spoon enlarge the cavity in the squashleaving about 1/2 on each side in the squash.
- 4Chop the removed fleash and fry in the oil with the onion, garlic, rosemary, coriander, chilli and tomatoes for 4 minutes.
- 5Add the mushrooms and half of the soaking water. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- 6Stir in rice and pine nuts.
- 7Pack the mixtur tightly into the cavities of the squash and press the two halves together.
- 8If desired rub the skin of the squash with more olive oil and wrap in foil.
- 9Bake for 75 minutes.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Squash
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 714.5
- Calories from Fat 246
- Total Fat 27.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 133.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.5 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried porcini mushrooms