Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Well sort of. My brother served this at his New Year's Eve party. I thought they were delicious and hounded him for the recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) package cream of spinach soup mix (Knorr brand)
- 1⁄3 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Tabasco sauce
- 16 oysters, on the half shell
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler for 10 minutes.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Add the mayonnaise, soup mix, and cheeses to a small mixing bowl; stir until well blended.
- Put the oysters on the baking sheet.
- Loosen them from their shells with a small knife.
- Sprinkle a dash or two of the Tabasco sauce over each oyster.
- Top the oyster with a tablespoon of the cheese mixture.
- Broil the oysters for about 4 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve immediately.