Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a great recipe for summer. Serve with a salad and garlic bread. Great summer recipe!!!
- 2 spaghetti squash, cut in half and de seeded
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 3⁄4 cup chopped fresh herb (like tarragon, basil, parsley and oregano chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Toss together all ingredients except cheese and stuff into squash halves.
- Feel free to omit or add any veg that you want.
- Wrap each stuffed squash in foil--you will want the steam--and bake in a 375 oven for about 1 hour.
- Remove foil carefully-test squash with a knife and if done top with parmesan cheese and broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
I tried this recipe because I was tired of simply spooning spaghetti sauce over spaghetti squash. It was great! My hubby and I really enjoyed it. It was a great change of pace. I didn't have any zucchini or bell peppers on hand, so I just left them out. It's a very versatile recipe. I imagine mushrooms would also be great in it.
yummy! my husband and I loved this recipe! unfortunately my son found it to be to spicy (I added the cayenne pepper). So healthy and nutritious! I used fresh purple basil and parsely from counter herb garden and it was perfect. I loved the freshness of this dish :) Thanks for posting!
My first experience with spaghetti squash and it was excellent! My husband requested that I heat the leftovers as a side dish the next night.