Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great superbowl recipe! Found in taste of home. Also freezes great!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons sliced ripe olives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 sourdough rolls
- n a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomato sauce, chilies, mushrooms, chili powder, olives and garlic salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Add cheese; cook and stir until melted.
- Cut 1/4 inches off the top of each roll; set aside. Carefully hollow out bottom of roll, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use). Fill each roll with about 1/2 cup meat mixture. Replace bread tops.
- Individually wrap four sandwiches tightly in foil; freeze for up to 3 months. Place remaining sandwiches on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen sandwiches: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Place foil-wrapped sandwiches on baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.