Recipe by Darlene Summers
These are good with just about any kind of tuna, chicken, turkey, or ham salad--or use for tacos or whatever you like. Prep time will vary due to thawing and rising. Otherwise, they take no time at all to make.
- 3 loaves frozen yeast bread dough
- hot oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Leave frozen bread out all day.
- When it rises, punch down and let rise again.
- When ready to cook, roll out not less than 1/2-inch thick.
- Cut in a pie shape.
- Drop in hot grease and let brown and rise.
- Flip and brown on other side.
- Place in paper towel lined bowl.
- Split one side and fill with taco meat, cheese, lettuce, onion, tomato and taco sauce (they are hollow when fried and split) OR they can be eaten with honey or fill with tuna, chicken salad or ham salad, etc.