Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
An elegant and delicious meal, with a minimum of fuss. Quick enough to serve for supper yet special enough for company.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 (4 1/4 ounce) cans shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarsliced mushrooms, , drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lb fresh cooked/canned crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 8 sole fillets (2 to 2 1/2 lbs.) or 8 flounder fillets (2 to 2 1/2 lbs.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cans condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- cooked wild rice (optional) or cooked white rice (optional)
- Saute onion, shrimp and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- Add crabmeat.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up and fasten with toothpick.
- Place in a greased 13x9x2 inch baking dish.
- Combine soup, broth and water, blend until smooth.
- Pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle with parsley and return to oven, uncovered for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice if desired.
Excellent fare! Also subbed fresh mushrooms, chopped very fine. subbed "fake crab" for a mid week dinner. Also used cream of chicken soup as I didn't have any mushroom. It was mighty tasty!I rolled the fillets in the morning and had them in the frig ready for the last "sauce step". By the way the lady at the local "fish counter" gave me a tip on rolling the fillets(they have stuffed sole fillets for sale there) If you cannot get large fillets just put two or three together side by side for a nice "roll". they really stuck together well and it all turned out great! a really fantastic recipe! easy too! thanks!
Excellent recipe! Absolutely loved this one! Stuffing was fantastic along with the sauce. We can't wait to have this again. Thanks for sharing this with us JoAnn!
What a great recipe! Not only was it delicious but it was easy to make. Best of all, it looked like I spent all day in the kitchen making it! :) We will definately have this again. Thank You!