Recipe by Nicole Brummett
One of my favorite fish recipes. This is easy to make and tastes wonderful. A great dish for any night or something special for company.
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 (240.97 g) can shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 127.57 g jar sliced mushrooms, drained
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 226.79 g fresh cooked crabmeat or 226.79 g fresh cooked canned crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- 1133.98 g sole fillets or 1133.98 g flounder fillets or 1133.98 g orange roughy fillets
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 2 (609.51 g) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 78.07 ml chicken broth
- 29.58 ml water
- 158.51 ml shredded cheddar cheese (, I perfer sharp)
- 29.58 ml minced fresh parsley (optional)
- cooked wild rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, sauté onion, shrimp, and mushrooms in butter until onion is tender.
- Add crabmeat; heat through.
- Sprinkle fillets with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Spoon crabmeat mixture on fillets; roll up lengthwise and fasten with a toothpick.
- Place in a greased 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Combine the soup, broth and water; blend until smooth.
- Pour over fillets.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley; return to the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve over rice if desired.