Recipe by **Mandy**
This is a great way to jazz up the humble snag & is sure to be a hit with the kids too. Found in recipes+.
Top Review by MadCity Dale
Since I had "no clue" what a Snag is I had to try this recipe. Never used Avocado's before but was real surprised how good this stuffing is. Very easy to make. The green of avocado and yellow of the corn happen to be the Colors of the Green Bay Packers football team in Wisconsin, so color is great. I did think the taste was a little mellow for me so next fall at football tailgate partys I am adding RED PEPPER FLAKES-that'll help "fire up" everyone. I'd give it 4 stars and with red pepper flakes 5 stars.
- 8 thick sausages
- 1 small avocado, mashed
- 125 g corn kernels, drained
- 1 cup low fat tasty cheese, grated
- 4 slices bacon, rind removed, halved lengthwise
Directions See How It's Made
- Place sausages in a saucepan and cover with cold water, bring slowly to the boil.
- Remove pan from heat, cover & let stand for 5 mins, drain and cool for 15 mins, peel off loose skin.
- Meanwhile place corn, avocado & cheese in a bowl: mix lightly to combine.
- Slit each sausage not quite through and fill with mixture. Wrap each with a strip of bacon, spiralling along the length & securing with toothpicks.
- Preheat a non-stick frying pan (or BBQ or char-grill) over medium heat.
- Cook sausages, turning frequently for 4-5 mins until bacon is crisp.