Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. This cornbread is very hearty and will even be moist the day after, when reheated.
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄8 cup fennel seed
- 1⁄8 cup chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown pork. Add shallots, fennel seed, chives, green onion, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Heat for an additional minute. Stir in Parmesan cheese.
- In medium size bowl combine eggs, sugar, milk, oil, corn, HIDDEN VALLEY RANCH DRESSING, and cheese. Stir in cornmeal mix.
- Pour one-half of mixture into a greased cast iron skillet. Sprinkle the sausage mixture on top and pour remaining mixture over sausage.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until set. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cheese on top. And bake an additional 5 minutes.