Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
for ZWT Asia. this can be very easily made without pork so it is vegetarian.
Make and share this Stuffed Shiitake Mushrooms (Jing Yeung Buck Gwoo) recipe from Food.com.
- 24 large fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 green onion, white part only, finely chopped
- 8 canned water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 cup broth
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- Lightly oil a shallow stovetop casserole; set aside.
- Cut stems from mushrooms; rub mushroom caps with a damp cloth. In a medium bowl, combine green onion, water chestnuts, pork, cornstarch, soy sauce, salt, sugar and gingerroot.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon pork mixture on each of 12 mushroom caps. Top with remaining mushroom caps; press firmly together.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in oiled dish; cover tightly. Cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes. Remove stuffed mushrooms from dish; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat stock or broth. Add enough hot stock or broth to mushrooms cooking juices in dish to make 1 cup liquid. Whisk eggs into cooking-liquid mixture. Do not boil. Pour sauce mushrooms.
- Serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.