Recipe by superblondieno2
for ZWT Asia. this can be very easily made without pork so it is vegetarian.
- 24 large fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 1 green onion, white part only, finely chopped
- 8 canned water chestnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 cup broth
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly oil a shallow stovetop casserole; set aside.
- Cut stems from mushrooms; rub mushroom caps with a damp cloth. In a medium bowl, combine green onion, water chestnuts, pork, cornstarch, soy sauce, salt, sugar and gingerroot.
- Place 1 heaping tablespoon pork mixture on each of 12 mushroom caps. Top with remaining mushroom caps; press firmly together.
- Arrange stuffed mushrooms in oiled dish; cover tightly. Cook over medium heat 25 to 30 minutes. Remove stuffed mushrooms from dish; keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, heat stock or broth. Add enough hot stock or broth to mushrooms cooking juices in dish to make 1 cup liquid. Whisk eggs into cooking-liquid mixture. Do not boil. Pour sauce mushrooms.
- Serve with hot cooked rice. Makes 4 servings.