1 hr 15 mins
A really unique stuffed shells recipe. I usually make this for company. The original recipe included one pound of bulk Italian sausage in the stuffing, which I have omitted for my own personal tastes. I'm getting hungry just typing this recipe and remembering how good it is!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided (8 oz)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1/4 grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash cinnamon (optional)
- 20 large shell noodles, cooked and drained
- 1In a skillet, cook onion until tender.
- 2Transfer to a large bowl.
- 3Stir in the spinach, cream cheese, and egg.
- 4Add 1 cup mozzarella, cheddar, cottage cheese, parmesan, salt, pepper, and cinnamon if desired; mix well.
- 5Stuff shells and arrange in a greased 13x9x2 baking dish.
- 6Combine sauce ingredients; mix well.
- 7Pour over shells.
- 8Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- 9Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- 10Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese melts.
Browse Our Top Pasta Shells Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta Shells Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Shells (with Spinach and Cheese)
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 303.1
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 88.5 mg
- Sodium 1068.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: