Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
A savory stuffed meat shell. Also freezes well, freeze apart from the sauce. They can be frozen(unbaked)quickly on a cookie sheet and then stored in a plastic bag. This method will prevent sticking together and will take up less storage space. Good for a quick meal or unexpected company.
- 12 large shell macaroni
- 1 lb ground chuck (or 1/2chuck & 1/2pork)
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 4 crushed fresh garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Cook shells until barely tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix up meat mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with Pam.
- Spread 1 cup of speghetti sauce in dish.
- Fill cooked shells with meat mixture.
- Arrange filled shells in baking dish.
- Top with sauce and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking about 5 minutes.
The actual recipe itself needed some extra flavors, but it was nothing I don't usually add to a meat dish. I used and onion powder and extra pepper. Mixing the meat up the night before really helped bring out the yummy flavors too. I didn't feel like red sauce that night, so I used a can of stewed tomatoes on the bottom of my pan and covered the shells with a white parmesan sauce. It was delicious!
I even froze half of the shells and they made a great 'easy meal' that next week.
Thanks for the recipe!
Fool proof! These were easy and quick to make. Good for large gatherings or to portion out for later.