Recipe by Kanzeda
I love this recipe from cooking light. After the shells are cooked I chill them in the freezer until I'm ready to stuff them, they are easier to fill that way.
Top Review by Sherri35
I made these for a Christmas party and they were very well liked. Next time (and this will be my standard recipe from now on) I will use only 1 box of spinach as I felt the spinach took over too much.
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and dried
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 24 large pasta shells
- 26 ounces spaghetti sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta shells Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine mozzarella cheese, Parmesan, and the next eight ingredients in a large bowl.
- Spoon cheese mixture evenly into cooked shells.
- Arrange the stuffed shells in a 13x9 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Pour the marinara sauce over the stuffed shells and sprinkle with one cup mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.