Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from my Mother. I've been making this for 10 years. Every time I make it for someone, they always request the recipe. It's easy and delicious!
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups creamy cottage cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 32 large pasta shells, cooked and drained
- 32 ounces of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- fresh grated parmesan cheese
- Brown beef with crushed garlic.
- Mix next four ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir in cooked beef.
- Stuff shells with meat filling- be generous.
- Pour a little spaghetti sauce in bottom of 2-quart casserole dish.
- Place stuffed shells in dish and cover with the remaining spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with oregano and grated Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10 minutes.
my family liked it, but i wasn't too fond of it. maybe it was the cottage cheese, but i found the stuffing a bit runny. i will use ricotta cheese in place of the cottage cheese next time for a firmer filling. overall, my family liked it and it was easy to prepare. i will also replace the ground chuck with ground italian sausage. hint: prepare your shells well ahead of time...speeds up the process.
Really good! I scaled down the recipe for the 3 of us, and it worked great. I made as directed, but I used ground chicken in place of the beef. (it's just a textural thing with me - I like it more than ground beef) We ate it with Italian bread to mop up the sauce. Yum!
These are so good. It's a very versatile recipe also. We wanted to go meatless, so I left out the ground chuck and put the crushed garlic in with the cheese. Also, I only had about 1/4 cup mayonnaise, but it still tasted very good. We all enjoyed our dinner tonight, thank you!