Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this recipe on Familyfun.com after my son asked for stuffed shells like my niece made for him. She shared her secret. I also made extra and they froze and reheated well.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt and the pasta shells to the water.
- Boil the pasta shells until they are tender, but still a little firm (al dente), about 10 minutes.
- When pasta is done, drain the shells, run under cold water to stop the cooking process and set aside.
- While shells are boiling in a large bowl mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parsley.
- Put about 1 cup of pasta sauce into a 9x12 casserole dish.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta filling into each cooked pasta shell. I put my filling in a ziploc bag and used it as a pastry bag.
- Place the filled shells into the casserole dish. At this point, the dish can be made and refrigerated for up to 24 hours. I froze the filled shells at this point.
- Spoon the remaining pasta sauce on top of the shells and bake uncovered until bubbly, about 30 minutes. If using refrigerated shells, allow 40 minutes baking time.