Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Make these ahead of time and freeze with a little of the sauce poured over them. Very good!
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups canned tomato sauce
- 1 lb cooked pasta, jumbo shells, approximately 24 shells
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix together cheeses, salt, garlic powder, oregano and pepper.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce on bottom of a 9- x 13-inch baking dish.
- When cooked shells are cool enough to handle, fill each shell with cheese mixture and place in baking dish. When all shells are in dish, spoon remaining tomato sauce over shells. Cover pan and bake for 20 minutes.
- Yields about 4 shells per serving.