Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this up from a combination of a bunch of other recipes. It's always a hit with anyone I've served it too.
- 20 large pasta shells
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 (3 lb) jar spaghetti sauce
- Cook shells according to box. Lay out on wax paper to cool.
- Place ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, garlic and parsley in a bowl. Mix until well combined. Place in a large zip-top bag.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a 9x9 inch (preferrably glass) dish, place a thin layer of sauce.
- Cut off 1 corner of the bag. Pipe mixture into shells. Place one by one into the pan. Pour sauce over shells.
- Make sure everything is covered with sauce. If using a glass dish, check the sides to make sure there is sauce between the shells and the dish. If the shells are sticking out they will get dried out and hard.
- Optional: Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
- Take out of oven. This will need to cool at 15-20 minutes, a perfect time for baking breadsticks.