Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy recipe for entertaining. Make ahead up to the point of baking, then 30-40 minutes before you want to serve dinner, put in the oven and enjoy your company.
- 1 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach, thawed and drained
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cook pasta al dente according to pasta package directions. Make sure not to over cook the pasta. Otherwise it will not be easy to fill and will fall apart. Drain and rinse with water so that pasta does not stick together.
- In large bowl, beat eggs lightly. Then add ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, butter, salt and pepper. Mix until well blended.
- Fill the shell pasta with the cheese mixture. Set aside.
- Put a thin layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish. The arrange filled shell pasta on top.
- Pour remaining spaghetti sauce on top. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- NOTE: Consider foil lining your baking dish for easy clean up. When entertaining, assemble this dish but don't bake until just before serving. Can be made the night before.
This was an awesome recipe, I doubled it, and froze half of the shells for another time. The flavor was amazing and just what I was looking for, as it was a hit with the whole family!
This is very good! However, I added about 6ozs. Parmesan Cheese to the other cheese mixture of ricotta and mozzarella. Also, I placed a final layer of mozzarella cheese on the casserole and cooked it until the cheese was bubbly and slightly browned. YUMMY!!
I was inspired to make this dish by the beautiful photo by Marsha. I made my own marinara sauce, very easy and skipped the spinach because I'm the only one that likes it and the recent scare too. It was delicious. The amounts of cheese and their combination was perfect.I will be making this often for us and for company. thanks Donna S. for a wonderful recipe.