Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
You'll never know these are low-fat! A delicious way to cut calories and fat! My whole family loved them!
- 21 large pasta shells, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup egg white, slightly beaten
- 8 ounces lowfat mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 16 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
- 8 ounces chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 26 ounces reduced-fat spaghetti sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-fat parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare a 13x9 inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine egg whites, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, and chicken. Mix well.
- Fill cooked shells with cheese mixtures. Place shells in pan.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over top.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over top spaghetti sauce.
- Bake, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Uncover, and bake 10 minutes more, or until mixture is bubbly.
This was a very good one-dish meal! I used a store-bought can of spaghetti sauce but think this would be better jazzed up with some peppers and spices. I bbq'd the chicken for added flavour. I had a little bit of sticking on my glass pan so I would suggest either spraying with cooking spray or spreading a small amount of sauce around the pan before adding the shells. To get supper on the table quickly, I did all the prep the night before and stored covered in the fridge overnight.