1/1 Photo of Stuffed Schnitzel (Aka Chicken Kiev)
My husband used to buy this from a local Yemenite restaurant until one day he asked me to give it a try and--bullseye! Saucy, savory and it can be re-heated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 chicken breasts, flattened
- 1 egg, beaten (for breading)
- 1 cup white flour (for breading)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- 1/2 kg ground beef
- 3 tablespoons dried cilantro (spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 1 head garlic, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 2 tablespoons chicken soup powder
- 1For the stuffing:.
- 2Sauté the diced onion.
- 3When onion is translucent, add the ground meat and mix so the meat doesn't clump.
- 4When meat is almost cooked, add the minced garlic and sauté until everything is well mixed and cooked.
- 5Add the cumin and cilantro 1/2 tsp salt and mix well, then remove from burner.
- 6For breading mixture:.
- 7Mix 1 c flour, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in plate.
- 8To assemble:.
- 9Lay a breast flat on a plate and pile as much of the stuffing as you can in the center of it.
- 10Fold up the ends and fasten with toothpicks.
- 11Roll in the beaten egg and then in the breading mixture.
- 12Deep fry in oil on all sides until browned.
- 13Transfer to a plate and wait until it cools slightly before removing the toothpicks.
- 14For the sauce:.
- 15Once all of the schnitzels have been stuffed, there should still be about 1/3-1/2 of the stuffing left over. Put this in a small sauce pan with 1 c water and add the chicken soup mix.
- 16Bring to a boil, then lower flame and add the 1 Tbsp flour.
- 17Stir until the sauce has thickened--this should happen pretty quickly.
- 18Pour the sauce over the toothpick-less schnitzels and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Schnitzel (Aka Chicken Kiev)
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 553.0
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 184.7 mg
- Sodium 552.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 50.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken soup powder