- 5 fully cooked spicy turkey sausage
- 2 ounces monterey jack cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 5 slices bacon
- 5 French rolls
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1⁄3 cup red wine or 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut a lengthwise slice in each sausage.
- Insert a slice of cheese and a slice of onion.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around sausage and secure with toothpick.
- Heat wine in sauce pan, add onions and saute until onions are soft.
- Arrange preheated coals around a drip pan.
- Place sausages, cheese side up about the pan.
- Cover and grill for about 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked and cheese melted.
- Serve sausage on buns, topped with onion.
- Of course the normal condiments go well with this too.