Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Excellent dish for parties!
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 2 cups mild cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 loaf French bread
- Brown sausage.
- Add onions and celery and cook until tender.
- Mix egg, milk, pepper, and sage.
- Slice bread lengthwise and remove inside, top and bottom.
- Add bread crumbs to egg mixture and sausage mixture and mix well.
- Put bottom bread shell on foil and add mixture topped with cheese.
- Put top on this and brush with butter.
- Wrap in foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.