Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is my very own creation. Together with Salmon, mushrooms, some herb seasoning and cabbage leaves makes this quite a presentable dish that can be an entre/side dish or as a starter for a sitdown dinner/ lunch. The cream sauce brings out the flavor in the salmon, the sauce is very simple to make with ready to use ingredients from a bottle. The lemon grass paste is available in tubes in Australia ,maybe its also available in large grocery stores-if you can't get it you can leave it out
- 2 (200 g) mid-cut salmon fillets
- 8 large wide cabbage leaves
- 6 large white mushrooms, chopped fine
- 2 stalks green spring onions, chopped fine
- 2 sprigs fresh basil leaves, chopped fine
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt & pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass paste
- toothpick, to secure the parcels
- 4 tablespoons any red pasta sauce or 4 tablespoons salsa
- 3⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 dash black pepper
- Wash the salmon fillets , add 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice and 1 teaspoon of the lemon grass paste and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- In a microwavable bowl add the chopped mushrooms, basil, carrot , spring onion,1 teaspoon lemon grass paste and the lemon juice, season with salt and pepper.
- Microwave for 2 minutes and set aside.
- Wash the cabbage leaves and blanch them in hot salted water , run cold water to keep them from wilting but they should be nice and soft.
- Carefully remove the skin from the salmon and cut into 8 pieces of same size.
- On each cabbage leaf spread a little lemon grass paste,a small amount of the microwaved mix put a piece of salmon sprinkle little course black pepper and fold the leaf to make a neat parcel-secure with tooth picks.
- Use a round open glass dish , spray with cooking spray and arrange the parcels . spray the parcels with the spray again.
- Cover with a microwavable dish cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes.Remove on a serving dish or a plate-Let cool for few minutes.remove the tooth picks.
- In a glass bowl mix the pasta sauce and cream and blend till well mixed.
- Either pour all the sauce on the parcels if serving as a one dish or if on individual plates spoon a bit of the sauce on the plate, put one parcel , spoon sauce on the parcel. garnish with a fresh basil leaves.