Recipe by Bergy
This is an elegant dish to serve that usually draws raves. If Salmon is not available use another fish (Chilean Sea Bass, Cod even sole just use two pieces to form the fillet)
- 6 (5 ounce) salmon fillets, skinless,boneless and slit in the middle
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces crabmeat (artificial can be used)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- 12 asparagus spears, blanched for 1 minute
- 12 sheets phyllo pastry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 tablespoons butter
- hot sauce (tabasco, peri-peri your choice)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stuffing:Mix gently in a bowl crab, cream cheese, onion, salt, pepper& hot sauce.
- Preparation of fish--------.
- Make a slit in each fillet about 3/4 way through.
- Divide the stuffing evenly between the 6 fillets.
- and stuff each one.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a hot skillet and brown the salmon fillets on both sides.
- Take out 2 sheets of phyllo pastry and cut them in half, lightly brush each piece with melted butter and layer them.
- Place a fillet with an asparagus spear on top of the (4layer) phyllo and fold the pastry over the salmon so it is completely covered.
- Repeat with remaining 5.
- You may now place the salmon in the fridge, covered, until ready to bake (can be prepared up to a day in advance).
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F bake 20-25 minutes.
- Nice served with a white wine sauce or hollandaise.