This is a copycat recipe I came up with for the stuffed salmon that is sold in warehouse chains such as Costco, BJ’s Warehouse and Sam's Club.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided in half
- 4 (1/2 lb) salmon fillets, at least 1 and 1/2 inches thick, deboned and skin removed
- 1 cup flaked style imitation crabmeat, pulled apart
- 1 cup hot cooked long-grain rice
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon softened cream cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Preheat oven to 400°F Brush 2 Tbsp olive oil on bottom and sides of a 1.5 qt baking dish.
- Make a cut lengthwise on each filet, leave ½” uncut space on each side, and on the bottom; create a pocket by gently running tip of sharp knife under each flap and leave ½” space each side.
- In a medium bowl, combine crab meat, rice, butter, cream cheese, garlic and herbs (except salt and dill) well. Spoon filling into each filet pocket; creating a small mound at the top. Brush remaining olive oil onto salmon; sprinkle salt and dill over the salmon and place into baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes; check for doneness (thickest part of filet will flake) about 2 minutes before allotted cooking time.