Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
My partner Dave invented these rolled chicken breasts. They're truly gorgeous!
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 100 g chestnut mushrooms
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 large leek
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 40 g grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425f, gas mark 7.
- Slice each chicken breast laterally, so you end up with 8 thin pieces approx 3 inches wide and 8 inches long, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Dry each piece of chicken in the plain flour, and set aside.
- Cut the mushrooms, pepper, leek and tomatoes into thin strips. Add half the olive oil and mix together until well coated. Divide this mix into 4.
- Take 4 of the bacon rashers, and roll each one around one quarter of the mix ensuring you have tightly rolled parcels.
- Then tightly roll a piece of chicken around each of the bacon rolls, followed by a 2nd rasher of bacon and then the 2nd chicken piece.
- Brush with the milk, roll in the breadcrumbs and sprinkle over the parmesan.
- Place on a baking tray and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite veggies!
We enjoyed these chicken rolls very much...I found them hard to roll while keeping all the inner bits in place but I'll make these again for sure!!! Made for PAC 2007. Thanks, Dave. Well done! Photo to come.