Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a Rachael Ray recipe and I thought it looked very interesting.
- 12 large strawberries (the bigger the better!)
- 1 -2 ounce bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- spray whipped cream (the real kind in the can in the dairy section)
- cocoa powder, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Slice the tops of the berries off just belwo the stem.
- Cut off the tips(about 1/4"), so that the berries will sit upright.
- Next, use a small spoon or a melon-ball scoop to hollow out the strawberries, working from their tops, to create a cavity in each one.
- Stuff some chocolate into each cavity of each strawberry and place them upright in a baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle the berries with sugar.
- Roast the strawberries until soft and the chocolate is melted, 10-12 minutes.
- To serve, place 3 strawberries on a dessert plate in a triangle.
- If the berries have given off liquid in the baking dish, spoon it over them.
- Spray a small mound of cream in the center of the berries, and top off each berry with a rosette of cream.
- Sift a little cocoa powder over the plate, and serve.