Prep 25 mins
Cook 18 mins
Bell peppers are rich in immunity-boosting vitamin C. Try this dish with green peppers, which are the best source of vitamin C.
- 6 large red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked couscous (about 2 cups cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Roast the bell peppers on a gas stove's open flame, turning the with tongs, until the skins are blackened, for about 2-3 minutes; or roast them on a rack under the broiler 2 inches from the heat, turning them every 5 minutes, for about 15 minutes. Transfer the peppers to a bowl, cover with plastc wrap and let them cool. When cool enough to handle peel peppers starting at the stem end. Carefully cut off the tops with a paring knife, and rinse out any seeds. Set aside.
- Lightly coat a saute pan with olive oil; place over medium heat. Saute garlic until it begins to turn golden, about 1 minute. Add spinach; cook over medium heat until it wilts, about 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat. Stir in lemon juice and salt; place spinach in a bowl. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pot, cook couscous according to package directions (about 5 minutes). Using a spatula, add the couscous and the feta cheese to the wilted spinach, and mix well.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Generously stuff all the bell peppers with couscous-spinach stuffing, and place on a bakind sheet. Bake on the center rack for about 8 minutes. Serve immediately.