Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
I got this one out of a Reader's Digest book and made it, it was very tasty.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream, real 35%, divided
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb, fresh
- 1 boneless turkey breast, butterflied (skin on)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, garlic, onion, rosemary, salt and pepper, stirring for 10 minutes or until liquid is evaporated and mushrooms are browned. Transfer all but 1/2 cup to a bowl for stuffing; cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Add wine to skillet; cook, scraping up bits stuck to pan. Pour in 1 cup cream; simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until reduced. Cool, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- Preheat oven to 325°F Add remaining 1/4 cup cream and bread crumbs to stuffing; stir to combine. Place turkey breast, skin side down on work surface. Press stuffing on surface, leaving about 1/2" border. Roll up jelly-roll style; secure with kitchen string or toothpicks.
- Place seam side down in roasting pan. Bake for about 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally, until meat thermometer reads 170°F Transfer to cutting board; tent with doil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return sauce to saucepan over medium heat; reheat until bubbling. Slice turkey; spoon sauce onto plates and top with turkey slices.