Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
By Jeanine. A combo of other recipes. Easy cook, wrapped in tinfoil.
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cups prepared stuffing
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw out chicken roaster. Work with chicken breast side up.
- Take out all guts.
- Rub inside of chicken with lemon juice.
- Prepare stuffing.
- Fill cavity of bird with stuffing.
- Sew up cavity.
- Melt butter.
- Paint butter all over bird.
- Mix seasonings together.
- Rub seasonings all over bird.
- Completely wrap chicken in tin foil 2 layers thick with all the seams on top of the bird. So the juices stay in the foil close to the bird.
- Bird is now ready for the swap as an unfrozen meal.
- To Serve: Roast wrapped in foil in oven on cookie sheet for 60 minutes. Then unwrap top of bird and start basting it as it cooks, until the skin is a nice golden brown.
- Send a box of stuffing with bird for the swap.