Recipe by Jeannie 716
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: I love red peppers and hash browns and this recipe combines them into a Tex Mex dish that is robust in flavor with a hint of spice.
- 4 large red sweet peppers
- 3⁄4 cup bacon, diced
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut peppers in half and seed.
- Sauté bacon until crisp and discard oil. Continue by adding carrots, spinach, green onions, garlic and hash browns. Saute until potatoes are tender and add salt and pepper. Add diced tomatoes, goat cheese and red pepper flakes last and cook for 5-10 minutes until everything blends together.
- Fill each pepper to the top and bake for 35 minutes until peppers are tender.