For the peppers
- 3 medium red bell peppers
- 3⁄4 cup polenta (or yellow cornmeal)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1 (7 ounce) canwhole green anaheim chilies, drained and chopped (or buy chopped chilies)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the bell peppers in half and remove and discard the seeds and membranes. Place the bell pepper cups in a lightly greased 13" x 9" baking dish.
- Whisk together the polenta and the next 5 ingredients in a large saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Cook, whisking constantly, for 5-7 minutes or until the polenta thickens. Stir in the cream and the next 4 ingredients, blending well.
- Spoon the mixture into pepper cups and bake at 400F for 25-30 minutes or until the peppers are tender. Garnish with fresh cilantro sprigs, if desired.