homestyle catering's Note:
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Hearty meal on a cold winter night. Nice alternative to stuffed peppers. Can be prepped ahead of time or made after work.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, cooked
- 1/2 cup cooked instant rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped grape tomatoes
- 8 slices lightly cooked bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, coarsly ground with parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Brown ground beef and drain of fat. Allow time to cool.
- 2Brown 8 bacon strips and allow to cool. In a square baking pan press 4 Buttermilk Grands down into baking dish and up the sides of dish. Place in 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- 3In a large bowl, combine cooked beef, rice, red pepper, white onion, grape tomatoes, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.
- 4Using 4 strips of cooked bacon, crumble and add to mixture. Mix all ingredients well using your hands to mix if necessary. Add ketchup and mix well. After partially cooked biscuits have been removed from the oven and slightly cooled, carefully pick meat mixture up and form into a ball to compact the meat. Place on top of the pressed dough in baking pan and form to square of pan.
- 5Crumble remaining 4 strips of bacon and press into 4 remaining Buttermilk Biscuits . Lightly sprinkle with flour and roll out the dough with bacon bits embedded into dough. Allow baking pan to cool slightly before placing the rolled dough on top of mixture and press to seal dough. Brush with melted butter and place sprig of rosemary in middle. Bake 17-20 minutes more or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Red Pepper Pie #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 936.2
- Calories from Fat 468
- Total Fat 52.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 188.5 mg
- Sodium 2619.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 48.5 g