Recipe by homestyle catering
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Hearty meal on a cold winter night. Nice alternative to stuffed peppers. Can be prepped ahead of time or made after work.
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup cooked instant rice
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped grape tomatoes
- 8 slices lightly cooked bacon
- 1 egg
- 1 (16 ounce) can Pillsbury Grands refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder, coarsly ground with parsley flakes
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef and drain of fat. Allow time to cool.
- Brown 8 bacon strips and allow to cool. In a square baking pan press 4 Buttermilk Grands down into baking dish and up the sides of dish. Place in 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked beef, rice, red pepper, white onion, grape tomatoes, egg, salt, pepper, garlic powder and rosemary.
- Using 4 strips of cooked bacon, crumble and add to mixture. Mix all ingredients well using your hands to mix if necessary. Add ketchup and mix well. After partially cooked biscuits have been removed from the oven and slightly cooled, carefully pick meat mixture up and form into a ball to compact the meat. Place on top of the pressed dough in baking pan and form to square of pan.
- Crumble remaining 4 strips of bacon and press into 4 remaining Buttermilk Biscuits . Lightly sprinkle with flour and roll out the dough with bacon bits embedded into dough. Allow baking pan to cool slightly before placing the rolled dough on top of mixture and press to seal dough. Brush with melted butter and place sprig of rosemary in middle. Bake 17-20 minutes more or until golden brown.