Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Serve with cold meats or as an antipasti dish.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 14 ounces onions, finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 9 ounces red peppers, cored, de-seeded and quartered
- 9 ounces yellow peppers, cored, de-seeded and quartered
- 1 (14 ounce) can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and gently fry the onions and garlic until lightly coloured. Add the peppers, cover and warm over a gentle heat for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Continue to cook, uncovered, until the peppers are tender and the liquid is reduced to a thick sauce. Serve warm.