This is an absolutely wonderful dish for trout! I used trout fillet instead of the whole trout and it is easy, flavorful and makes a beautiful presentation. Definitely a company worth recipe!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups Italian bread, cubes
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon chablis (or other dry white wine)
- 4 (8 ounce) farm raised whole trout, dressed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 slices bacon, cut in half
- lemon slice
- fresh parsley sprig
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add onion and celery, and cook, stirring constantly, until tender.
- Remove from heat, stir in parsley and next 4 ingredients.
- Add bread cubes; toss gently.
- Combine egg and white wine; stir into bread mixture.
- Spread evenly into 11- x 7- x1 ½” baking dish; set aside.
- Rinse trout; pat dry.
- Sprinkle inside of fish evenly with ½ tsp salt.
- Combine lemon juice and soy sauce; brush inside of fish, reserving remaining lemon juice mixture.
- Dredge fish in flour.
- Place over stuffing, overlapping slightly.
- Drizzle with reserved lemon juice mixture.
- Place bacon over trout.
- Cover and bake at 350* for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes.
This is a great recipe. This is my first time making stuffed fish, but i received raving reviews. the stuffing was easy enough, and the aroma was wonderful. thx for sharing the recipe! =)
This was really good. Had to double the recipe due to 9 trout. They fit just perfect into my glass casserole dish. Added a bit of finely chopped cooked bacon to the stuffing... Five stars from the entire family. BIL said it was the best stuffing he had ever tasted! :) Thanks for sharing.
This is an excellent recipe for stuffed trout, I used frozen thawed trout for this, and used seasoned salt and white wine, what a great dinner served with Nimrod's Mashed Potato Casserole (Pam's Mashed Potato Casserole) thanks for sharing this hon, I look forward to making this again soon!...Kitten:)