Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Mom got me some quail so I got a basic idea of how long to cook quail and made this up based on most bird recipes. It was great tasting and tender.
- 6 deboned quail
- 4 slices chopped bread
- 1⁄4 cup cooked turkey sausage (or other meat ground of chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 2 tablespoons onions
- 4 celery leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -5 finely chopped mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 finely chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons melted honey
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
- Cook sausage and mix in the bread,.
- Sauté veggies and herbs in butter until tender.
- Mix into bread with chicken broth and apple until moist and stuff quail (wrap and secure with small skewers or just lay under the quail) Place in baking tray and put in over breast down for 30-35 minutes at 325°F.
- I basted them about every 8 minutes with basting sauce.