1/2 Photos of Stuffed Quahogs
Quahogs are another name for hard-shell clams, and I know that at least in our region here in Maine, it refers to larger clams (as opposed to cherrystones). These are fairly easy to make, the worst part is the shucking, but I usually pass that job over to someone else. I eat these anytime I can get them. Update 10/16/2006. I've adjusted the cook times. We like them much better when they were cooked longer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shuck quahogs and chop meat.
- 2Wash shells.
- 3Cook mushrooms and onions until tender in butter.
- 4Blend in flour and seasonings.
- 5Add chopped clams and cook about 10 minutes until flour is thickened, stirring constantly.
- 6Grease clam shells and fill with mixture.
- 7Blend butter and crumbs and sprinkle over filling.
- 8Bake in oven at 400 for 20 minutes.
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Quahogs
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 19.6 mg
- Sodium 171.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g