Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an awesome appetizer for special events. New Englanders love them! Always a big hit on Super Bowl Sunday or in the summer.
- 4 large quahogs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 red pepper
- 1⁄2 small vidalia onion
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3⁄4 cup linguica sausage
- 1 (6 ounce) box seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes (or homemade pepper sauce)
- Steam open quahogs in a pot with a bit of boiling water. When the shells open they are done.
- Grind up quahogs using a Cuisinart or blender.
- Wash and break apart each shell into 8 half shells.
- Sauté chopped red pepper, chopped vidalia onion, ground linguica (sold this way or can be put into food processor), and minced quahogs in butter.
- Add salt and pepper sauce (pepper flakes).
- Add 1 (12 oz.) can of beer and bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add box of stuffing mix. fluff with fork.
- Pack mixture into each quahog shell. Wrap with plastic wrap until ready to eat.
- Heat and add butter when ready to eat!