This is an awesome appetizer for special events. New Englanders love them! Always a big hit on Super Bowl Sunday or in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Steam open quahogs in a pot with a bit of boiling water. When the shells open they are done.
- 2Grind up quahogs using a Cuisinart or blender.
- 3Wash and break apart each shell into 8 half shells.
- 4Sauté chopped red pepper, chopped vidalia onion, ground linguica (sold this way or can be put into food processor), and minced quahogs in butter.
- 5Add salt and pepper sauce (pepper flakes).
- 6Add 1 (12 oz.) can of beer and bring mixture to a boil.
- 7Remove from heat and add box of stuffing mix. fluff with fork.
- 8Pack mixture into each quahog shell. Wrap with plastic wrap until ready to eat.
- 9Heat and add butter when ready to eat!
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Quahogs
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.9
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.4 mg
- Sodium 537.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: