Recipe by Sharon123
Great for a holiday treat! This is made with miniature pumpkins, but could also be made with one larger pumpkin. Enjoy!
Top Review by HeatherFeather
Very beautiful presentation and quite tasty. I needed an extra 15 minutes or so until my pumpkin flesh was tender enough. This needed much for seasoning than the veggie broth provided - next time I will add salt and perhaps more of all of the herbs, maybe even a bit of garlic and a touch of smart balance. I also would saute the onions & carrots first because they were still a bit crisp in spots. I would also recommend toasting the bread cubes first so they retain their texture. But overall, an impressive side dish that is quite healthy.
- 4 miniature pumpkin (about 4 to 5 inches in diameter)
- 473.18 ml cubed rye bread or 473.18 ml whole wheat bread
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced carrot
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml vegetable stock
- 118.29 ml diced celery
- 4.92 ml dried marjoram
- 4.92 ml dried basil
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley
- 4.92 ml virgin olive oil or 4.92 ml apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- Cut off pumpkin tops and set aside.
- Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Place the pumpkin shells on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pack the stuffing tightly into the pumpkin cavities.
- Cover with the reserved tops.
- Bake until the pumpkin shells are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.