1/1 Photo of Stuffed Pumpkins with Herbs and Bread Crumbs
1 hr 5 mins
Great for a holiday treat! This is made with miniature pumpkins, but could also be made with one larger pumpkin. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 miniature pumpkin (about 4 to 5 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups cubed rye bread or 2 cups whole wheat bread
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil or 1 teaspoon apple juice
- 1Preheat the oven to 325*.
- 2Cut off pumpkin tops and set aside.
- 3Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- 4Place the pumpkin shells on a large baking sheet.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- 6Pack the stuffing tightly into the pumpkin cavities.
- 7Cover with the reserved tops.
- 8Bake until the pumpkin shells are tender, about 45 minutes.
- 9Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pumpkins with Herbs and Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.4
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: