Great for a holiday treat! This is made with miniature pumpkins, but could also be made with one larger pumpkin. Enjoy!
- 4 miniature pumpkin (about 4 to 5 inches in diameter)
- 2 cups cubed rye bread or 2 cups whole wheat bread
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon virgin olive oil or 1 teaspoon apple juice
- Preheat the oven to 325*.
- Cut off pumpkin tops and set aside.
- Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Place the pumpkin shells on a large baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pack the stuffing tightly into the pumpkin cavities.
- Cover with the reserved tops.
- Bake until the pumpkin shells are tender, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hot.