1 hr 25 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a beauty for your Thanksgiving holiday table. The ingredients for vanilla sauce are also listed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted and divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 (16 ounce) raisin bread, loaf cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
lemons vanilla sauce
- 1Cut off top of pumpkin, reserving lid with stem. Scoop out pumpkin seeds and pulp, and reserve for another use. Brush inside of pumpkin shell with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Top with lid.
- 2Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- 3Brush inside of baked pumpkin shell with 1 tablespoon butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar.
- 4Stir together eggs and next 6 ingredients; spoon pudding mixture into a lightly greased 8-inch square pan.
- 5Bake pumpkin and bread pudding at 350° for 25 minutes. Let pumpkin cool; spoon bread pudding evenly into pumpkin shell. Serve with Lemon-Vanilla Sauce.
- 6Note: For individual servings, substitute 12 (1/2-pound) pumpkins. Scoop out seeds and pulp; sprinkle each pumpkin shell with 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon sugar, and bake with the bread pudding. (Do not prebake as with the larger pumpkin.) Spoon bread pudding evenly into baked pumpkin shells.
- 7For lemon vanilla sauce: Cook vanilla bean, water, sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until smooth and thickened.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Pumpkin With Cranberry-Raisin Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 387.8
- Calories from Fat 178
- Total Fat 19.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 68.8 mg
- Sodium 267.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 23.1 g
- Protein 6.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: