1/2 Photos of Stuffed Potatoes With Kale and Red Pepper
A healthy, flavorful side, or lunch dish. Can be vegetarian. Great with grilled chicken or beef. I made the directions quite detailed, but this is really easy to make. Leftovers freeze and reheat well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Scrub potatoes, and place in hot oven. Bake until done - about 45 minutes.
- 2Wash kale, remove ribs, and chop coarsely. Place in covered, microwave-safe dish, and microwave until wilted, and crisp-tender. About 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 3Heat oil in medium skillet. Saute onions and bell pepper until tender. Place in medium bowl.
- 4Squeeze as much moisture from the kale as you can with your hands. Chop and add to bowl with onions and peppers, stir to combine.
- 5When potatoes are done, remove from oven. Carefully cut in half, and scoop the insides into the bowl with the vegetables, leaving a 1/4" shell. Place shells on a baking sheet, cut side up.
- 6Mash the potatoes and vegetables together. Add milk to moisten mixture - it should not be creamy like mashed potatoes, but retain some texture.
- 7Spoon the mixture back into the shells. Sprinkle each with a tablespoon of cheese. Return to oven until heated through, and the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes. Serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Potatoes With Kale and Red Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.9
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.4 mg
- Sodium 55.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: