Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Recipe is from Weight Watchers New Cookbook. 3 points per serving can speed up time if baked in a microwave too.
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Poke baking potato with fork. Bake in oven for 1 hour. Reducing oven temp to 350'.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil.
- Saute onions about 5 minutes.
- Add broccoli,carrot,and garlic and stir until soften, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat and cover and cook 4 minutes longer.
- Halve the potatoes when done. Scoop out pulp.
- In a large bowl combine potato pulp ,saute vegetables, cottage cheese, parsley, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Mash all up well
- Spoon mixture into potato skins.
- Place on baking sheet and bake until heated through for 15 minutes.
- Serve alone or as a side dish.
Wow, this tasted very different than I thought it would... in a good way. I guess the mashed vegetables add some sweetness to the dish, and that really worked for me. I think next time I'll add some brown sugar to this, but I'm definitely making this again.
This was pretty good and you feel great knowing it's healthier than a baked potato. I sprinkled the top with grated cheddar before heating in the oven. I'll have to say, coming from the South, it could use a little spice (which I'll do next time) Thanks for posting recipe!
I just started the Weight Watchers diet and tried this recipe. It was really good and made a lot of food for a few points. I added fat-free cheese and that made it even better in my opinion (I love cheese -- if doing the PointsPlus plan, you must add 1 pt for the cheese). Thanks for a keeper recipe, Marsha. I will use it again!