Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from the April edition of Woman's Day magazine and was in their Eat Well For Less section. It's actually meant to be a meatless main dish with a serving being a whole potato, though I served it as a side dish with each person getting just half a potato.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- Bake potatoes in a 400F oven for 1 hour or until tender. Remove from oven and carefully slice each potato in half. Scoop insides into a bowl, setting skins aside. Mash potatoes with a fork.
- Combine with ricotta, Cheddar, spinach, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Spoon potato mixture back into skins.
- Warm in a 350F oven for 15 minutes.
Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! I made these and used fresh minced garlic and fresh chopped spinach, used the full amount for the filling and 2 large Idaho bakers. DH and I loved this!!! On top of this we have another set for our dinner another night that I froze, Definately going into my Favorites of 2012. Thank you for submitting the recipe. Made for Spring PAC 2012.