Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes called Twice Baked Potatoes, these are a great side dish, and just as easy for serving 2 as it is for 20. Works well with reduced fat cheese or sour cream. Also, add more or less depending on what your family likes. The secret is how you prepare the skins before you put the filling back in...
- 4 baking potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Used preferred method to bake potatoes to fork tender. (I use the microwave)
- Allow to cool and halve each potato length wise.
- Carefully scrape the inside of each half into a mixing bowl, allowing about 1/4 inch shell.
- Add to the mixing bowl 1 cup of the shredded cheese, all of the sour cream, milk, garlic salt and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- Season the potato halves with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese.
- Spoon potato mixture back into each potato half.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Place potato halves into a baking dish and Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Made these for a group of 10 and a great recipe it was.Enjoyed by all, many having second helpings. I did add some onion. I baked the potatoes in the microwave. Great to prepare ahead of time. Will make this recipe again. Thanks for this great recipe.
as expected these were great, simple, and yummy! these will definiately makes these many, many more times. For the time being I made them just as directed, but you are right, I can think of so many different things to do with these! can't wait to try some variations! Thanks a million :)