Recipe by Petite Mommy
A great alternative to twice baked potatoes without the fat. The potatoes have 1 gram saturated fat. (Recipe courtesy of Dr. Weil at www.drweil.com)
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 3 stalks broccoli
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon rice milk or 1 -2 tablespoon soymilk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Scrub the potatoes and make shallow cuts around their middles to make it easier to cut them in half after baking. Bake the potatoes at 400 degrees until soft, usually 1 hour, depending on size of potatoes.
- Meanwhile, cut the ends from the stalks of broccoli and peel some of the outer skin off to make the stems more edible. Steam the broccoli until crunchy-tender and bright green. Drain and chop fine.
- Cut potatoes in half and scoop out the insides into a bowl. Add the salt, olive oil and just enough rice or soy milk to allow you to mash the potatoes into a smooth paste. Add the Parmesan cheese and the chopped broccoli and mix well.
- Pile the mixture back into the potato shells, arrange on a baking dish and heat them to desired temperature.