Recipe by JoyfulCook
A great way to eat potatoes, they can be filled with anything that takes your fancy, like crispy bacon, cheese, peppers, onions by just mixing it in with the mash. Delicious hot or cold, can be made ahead and kept in the fridge.
- 6 potatoes, medium
- 3 onions, spring
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn
- 1⁄2 cup bacon, crispy
- 1⁄3 cup capsicum, red
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated (optional)
- parsley, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the potatoes and bake or microwave until cooked through, set aside to cool.
- Cook the sweet corn and drain, fry the bacon and crumble. Dice the rest.
- You can literally use anything you like from bits of cold meat, through to cooked asparagus. The choice is yours.
- Cut the potatoes in half, carefully scoop out the inside, going close to the skin but without cutting through. Mash the potatoes and add the seasoning, a dash of milk added is good if its too solid.
- Carefully place the mash back into the skins - I always do 11 out of the 12 halves, as this gives more mash, so its nice and piled up.
- Heat in a hot oven for about 20 minutes, covered with foil, or in the Microwave on medium for about 7-10 minutes.
- Serve Hot. Goes well with salads at Barbecues, buffets or with lasagne, cannelloni, cold meats and salads.